Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's been a long time...

I shouldn't have left you.

I think this is my first blog of the New Year. For shame. I've got a-mah-zing updates. I'll tease you with a few, then write detailed posts about the rest.

About me. Finally admitting that I am a product junkie. I thought I just ob-sessed about my hair. Stop your lies, you foolish girl! Make-up has got me fiending, bath and skin care too. And this recession is real, so I must spend wisely (translation-hide the receipts from Dear Hubby).

My new faves:

Revlon Super Lustrous lipgloss in Barely Blossom, Pink Whisper, Pink Pursuit
Revlon Creme Gloss in Pink Cami = MAC Lipglass Viva Glam VI SE

Revlon has got the "drugstore" beauty game on lock. I love MAC, Nars, Cargo, TooFaced, but my BOGO swag is on fiyah right now! Ulta, Walgreens, RiteAid, almost always have cosmetics BOGO free. Throw in a manufacturer's coupon from your Sunday paper, and the make-up is damn near free. Take that economic downturn!

Okay,, Back to business.

My hair is so friggin' healthy and soft. Thanks to bentonite clay ( pick this up at health food stores/natural markets) and Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee. www.qhemetbiologics.com
If you must run out and buy these products now, (yes, you must) mix clay with warm coconut milk instead of water. Apply as you would deep conditioner, leave in 10-15 minutes. You have to watch this- you DO NOT want dry clay in your kinky/curly hair. Never a good look and a BEAST to wash out. Rinse and detangle your hair faster than you can say "product junkie". Bentonite clay can also be used as a mask to detox skin. See, 2-n-1, I'm saving you money! (Thank me by subscribing <3). With Qhemets, use as directed. The ghee, or butter, really helped my ends. One of my '09 hair goals is to pamper my ends like crazy to see if I can avoid constant trimming, thus retaining length.

I'm gonna post my updated 2009 routine. Cross my heart. I'm also going to photograph everything in my hair product stash. Shampoos, conditioners, oils, butters, gels, tools and I'm buying a new blow dryer. Stay tuned...

No comments: