Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Killah' Combos


I was catching up with old chums on Facebook (Go Eagles!), and I saw a pic of my college homie sportin' some bangin' curls. If I had to guess, I would say her hair type is 3a/b/c. Here's her killah' combo:

Mixed Chics Leave In Conditioner and Kerastase Oleo Curl. Nice! Haven't tried these products myself because I'm 4a. Just sayin'.

I do, however, have several makeup/skincare killah' combos. Like to hear 'em, hear they go:



Everyone in my family has loooong lashes. Even the baby boys. My killah' combo of Cover Girl Lash Blast and Maybelline Great Lash mascaras (both in Blackest Black-this name just made me think of CB4. You know you saw it, too. LMAO. Chris sure has come a loooong way) make them look fake! Like lash extensions. I'm not kidding. It's sick. Try it.

Equal parts Apple Cider Vinegar (a weak acid) and Water to help with acne. I mix 1 capful of each, moisten a cotton round, apply all over face, leave on 5-10 min, then rinse thoroughly with cool water. This step is done after cleansing and before moisturing.

Aloe Vera Gel/Glycerin/EVOO as a serum or face mask. I have dry skin. Really dry. Like, I apply 3 layers of face cream in the winter dry. I use this mix of 1 tb AVG, 1/2 tb EVOO, and 1/4 tb Vegetable Glycerin (mixed and stored in a travel-sized container) as a serum applied lightly over my face cream (currently using Jason Vitamin E Creme. LOVE!). When I have more time, I slather on a generous amount as a face mask. Let sit 10-15 min, then remove with a warm wash cloth. This makes my skin so soft and radiant. And if you ever saw it, you would even say it glows. LMAO.

I'll leave you with one more juicy beauty tidbit. The best killah' combo, EVER!- mixing fragrances. Now, I'm not new to this, I'm true to this. There are rules and regulations to this beauty science. Please continue reading before you go and mix Angel with Romance.






Research fragrance families

Discover your fragrance personality

Layer lotions, shower gels and body splashes in exact (or complimentary) families as your fragrance to intensify your scent and make it last all day and night.

Off to enjoy the sunny weather! Until next time...

No comments: