Monday, January 18, 2010

Five Minutes to Gorgeous!

With two boys, three jobs, and no time, it's sometimes a challenge for me to look as glam-tastic as I would like. These are my absolute must-have products and accessories that keep me looking  my Kinky-Curly best- in a hurry.

1. Moisturizer- If you're opting for a foundation-free face, make sure skin is primed and moisturized. Choose a product that suits your skin type. For my dry skin, I love a mix of jojoba oil, shea butter and aloe vera gel.

2. Groomed Brows- It literally takes seconds to fill in brows. They frame your face and keep your look polished and pretty. I love Maybelline's Define-A-Brow, or a brown eye shadow like Cover Girl's Brown Smolder.

3. Lush Lashes- Simple enough. Curl lashes and apply 2-3 coats of mascara. I love Cover Girl Lash Blast. Go for a brown mascara for a very natural look.

4. Gloss, Gloss, Baby!- Slick on a moisturizing balm, then apply your favorite color. The choices are endless. I'm loving cocoa brown shades of lipstick and gloss this season. Some to try: MAC's Touch l/s, 3N l/g, Mad cap l/g, NYX's Echo l/s, Cover Girl Queen Collection Shiny Cinnamon l/s.

5. A Cute Coif- Check out my hair routine post for details. I love wearing my 2x twists in a retro updo. No need to worry about frizz or weather-worries. Just secure with pins and add oil for shine.


6. A Pop of Color- Scarves are great all year long. A bright orange or purple scarf transforms jeans and a tee into a sophisticated uniform for Curlies on the go. Choose wool blends in winter and sheer cotton in summer months.

Now, I'm ready for errands, playdates, and lunch with the girls- whatever the day brings, I'm game! Make sure you are too. Until next time.....

2 comments:

Friday said...

Oh how I've missed you! I discovered your blog on the 30th of November and have been checking religiously for update. Welcome back and Happy New Year!

KinkyCurlyMagazine said...

Hey Girl Friday,
Im so glad you enjoy this blog! Let me know what you want to see. Send me questions, articles requests, and definitely leave more comments. You have my ear.