- Scalp massage on wash day using avocado oil, Auromere oil and blend of rosemary, tea tree, peppermint e.o
- Pre-poo with hair in 2x twists with Auromere oil, or conditioner under hooded dryer for 20 min. This helps with detangling since hair has been in twists 7-14 days.
- I pre-poo on DRY hair with a combo of 3-5 of my fave conditioners and seal with oil. Pop on a plastic cap, wrap a towel or scarf around that, and wear as long as I can stand it, sometimes overnight. My current pre-poo conditioners:
- Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
- Burt's Bees Shea & Grapefruit Deep Conditoner
- Desert Essence Jojoba Conditioner (vitacost.com)
- Inecto Pure Coconut Oil Conditioner (Ulta)
- Coconut Oil to seal
- Finger detangle twists after pre-poo, then wash.
- This is key: Deep condition under hooded dryer for 30-45 minutes, then detangle with shower comb and paddle brush. No more detangling in the shower for me. Rinse and apply leave-in.
- Nature's Blessing hair dressing on scalp while twisting with Shea-Aloe. Seal with coconut oil, aloe vera gel mixed in palm of hands.
- Refresh twists daily with leave-in spray and seal with oil
- Set twists on rollers (sponge removed) on Saturday night for church
- Twist- out Sunday, detangle with fingers and paddle brush, moisturize and re-twist Sunday night. This is the key to fewer tangles on the next wash day.
- Day before washing, saturate dry hair with fave conditioner and finger detangle
- Wash day and repeat
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Update: Hair Routine
Check the "routine" tag in the sidebar. I've just been playing around with a few ingredients and made a few tweaks.
wearing 2x twists