The hair grooming variety. A few tips:
- Before you shampoo your hair, gather two hair brushes or one hair brush and one comb.
- Wet the brushes/brush and comb under warm running water.
- Apply a small amount of shampoo to the bristles of one of the brushes.
- Pick all the hair out of the brush.
- Gently scrub the two brushes’ bristles together. If you are cleaning a comb, gently scrub the brush’s bristles with the comb. For best results, scrub in one direction only.
- Continue gently scrubbing as you hold the items under the warm running water until all the suds are gone.
- Dry the brush(es) or comb on a towel. Don’t be rough with the brush’s bristles or they might fall out.
- Try an alternative way. You can also clean a comb by soaking it in a mug full of warm water and a bit of shampoo. Or, you can try a mug full of white vinegar, which will remove oily deposits left by your hair. Rinse and dry.
Tip: If cleaning your styling tools with vinegar, be sure to add a drop or two of your favorite essential oil to reduce the acidic smell of the vinegar.