Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tresses a la Teri

Everybody's doing it.

It's all over YouTube.

You don't know? Haven't you heard?

It's the Conditioner Only method, and after much skepticism, and extensive research ( read YouTube watching), I'm deciding to give it a try.






This hair craze was started by Teri over at tightlycurly.com. Check out the site for all the details.

Why the skepticism, you ask? Because all the recommended conditioners contained silicones. Tressemme, Aussie and Herbal Essences were the most popular products. I thought that was a Curly Girl no-no. Then I thought about it. You're co-washing your hair daily, rinsing away the conditioner and eliminating any chance of -cone build-up.

I have to say I'm jealous of the results that YouTube Curlies are getting with this method, search "conditioner only method". I'm using NaturallyNike's technique.

I'm doing a 3-day challenge to see which conditioner gives the best results- curl definition, minimal shrinkage, 2nd day hair, crunch-free lol! I will post pics. Yeah! I'll be using

Naked Naturals Shea Butter & Avocado, $7, CVS
Yes To Carrots Pampering Hair Mud, $8, Rite Aid, Walgreens
Garnier Fructis Moisture Works, $4, Walmart, Target

No comments: