Saturday, June 13, 2009

Vocab: Sealing

Straight from CurlyNikki herself, certified KinkyCurly Cutie and one of my natural hair inspirations.

What is sealing?

"Moisturize and Seal- Moisturize with a water-based product and seal with a heavier-oil laden one, or oil. I moisturize with my conditioner of the day (DevaCare One C, Oyin Honey Hemp) and seal with Shea. My hair is shiny, moisturized and happy. Oils don't moisturize they nourish. Only water based conditioners and moisturizers hydrate the hair."

Lately, my conditioner of the day has been Yes To Carrots. It's protein and silicone free, which is hard to find in a conditioner. I also just ordered TWO bottles of Aubrey Organics and Desert Essence Jojoba Conditioner from vitacost.com. My hair is super dry and I'm going to try using this as a leave-in. I seal with shea butter, avocado oil, Vatika, or castor oil.

No comments: