Monday, June 22, 2009

Rihanna-FOTD


Plus, an interview with her MUA, Mylah Morales, on how to get the look.
Because I love ya. Be fro-abulous, fly and fierce this summer. Until next time Curlies.........

Mylah: I’m all about skin! Right now my favorite foundation to use is Giorgio Armani Designer Shaping Cream Foundation SPF 20. Then I use La Mer The Powder. It gives a really pretty, glowy, natural look to the skin. And actually I always ask Rihanna to hydrate her skin well before any red carpet event. She uses Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask. It works really well to energize and revitalize the skin especially since she’s always traveling, which dries out your skin.

A: I could see that. I have noticed that Rihanna always has a really pretty glow to her skin, a really pretty sheen. I have always wondered how you do that.

M: Yep, that’s how I get it. The Le Mer powder has a slight luminescence to it; it’s not matte. So, it gives the skin a really pretty glow. As for the concealer, I also used Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer under the eyes.

A: Can you tell me what you used on her eyes?

M: Sure. I used Cover Girl Exact Eyelights Mascara in Black Ruby. It’s got pigments in it that really bring out your eye color and it creates really long & lush lashes.

A: Did you use lashes too?

M: (Laughs) Yeah. But they're not a full strip. I cut them to look more natural on the eye. They’re by Red Cherry but I don’t remember which ones exactly. Maybe the #42’s… but I’m not sure.

A: Ok. No problem. Can you tell me what shadows you used? Do you use a palette or do you use specific shadows by brands like MAC or Make Up Forever?

M: You know what? I love using a palette by Dior. It’s a neutral palette. I have been using that a lot. You can use it alone or add a splash of color. Then on her cheeks I used Orgasm by NARS. Actually, it is called Super Orgasm.

A: I was wondering what that was! It’s so pretty. I heard that it shows up better on olive skin or golden skintones because the original Orgasm doesn’t.

M: Yep. And to contour her cheeks I used GlowFusion® Micro-Tech™ Intuitive Active Bronzer. It’s a really great bronzer.

A: So what color did you use on her lips?

M: It’s Cover Girl Trushine Lipcolor in Brillo Delilah**

A: Okay. I think that’s about everything. Oh, one more thing! What did you use on her brows?

M: I used Shu Uemura Hard Formula brow pencil to define them and then used an angled brush with brow powder to fill them in.

Source:Spektra.net

No comments: